Yes I know there are plenty of posts out there for festival fashion inspiration but I reckon half of these people have never been to a festival, well not a real festival in my opinion. A real festival is where most of the time you’re caked in muck and dry shampoo is your best friend. You rip off your clothes to get some vitamin D when the sun shines and dash to your tent for you waterproofs as the heavens open and rain cascades over your sun burnt face. I’ve been there, made mistakes and seen worse mistakes.
So here here are my tips:
1. Do not wear a playsuit unless it’s something like dungarees which you can VERY easily unbutton and pull down when going to the bathroom. You are always in a rush, you’re either missing your favourite band playing or your friends are waiting on you, probably drunk and likely to wander off without you – speed is of the essence.
2. I would even go as far as to warn you off skirts of any kind, the last thing you want is to flash a whole crowd your knickers as you’re tipsily bopping (raving) to the music or perhaps slip in a huge mud puddle.
3. You can never have too many socks.
4. Even if its a sunny festival wellies are a good idea in my books. if you’re wear sandals your toes will be crippled from jumping crowds and wobbily drunks, bring an alternative in case your feet get to hot and sweaty in wellies but they can be a real life saver.
5. Layers are the key, although it’s summer in Ireland and England the nights can be ferEEZING. I’ve learnt this the hard way, bring one cuddly hoody for sleeping in or for general night-time antics. Other than that, layer with vest tops and t-shirts. Keeping a vest top on as abase layer is always good if you don’t fancy getting naked when changing in a tent full of people.
6. Sunglasses, cool as they may be are also essential. Make sure they are proper UV protected, cheap ones will not have this.
- – -
Here are a few of my slightly practical and cool-as-fuck looks that i’ll be channeling come June:
This year i’ll be heading to toasty Croatia for my festival adventures this summer to see foremost of all Arctic Monkeys. Maybe i’ll be able to leave the waterproofs at home (?).